Building FAQs

Development approval

Prior to submitting a building application and before commencing your development you may also be required to seek planning approval from the Shire to comply with the Shire of Broomehill-Tambellup Local Planning Scheme. Development approval is required for a range of development and use within the Shire. For more information please contact the Shire office on 9825 3555.

When is a building licence required?
A building licence is required for any building in the Shire for the development of new structures, alterations, extensions, sheds and swimming pools. Similarly a demolition permit is required before any demolition works can commence.

What plans are required to be submitted?
Two copies are required of the following:

  • Site Plan showing setbacks and distance between buildings and streets and a fully dimensional floor plan
  • Elevations & structural plans

What do I need to do if the building work is more than $20 000?
The work needs to be completed by a Registered Builder or registered Owner Builder. 

What fees are applicable?
For information regarding fees please contact the Shire on 9825 3555.