Building Licenses

Most building activity within the Shire can only be undertaken with the approval of Council. Building application forms are available from the Shire office or can be accessed from the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety link below. Additionally, if you are building a house that requires septic tank, a 'Septic Application form needs to be submitted at the same time as your building application. The Shire has engaged the services of a Building Surveyor, who is available to assist with any building related matter.

Town Planning approval and a Building License must be obtained before commencing work on any of the following:
1.   Erection of any building or outbuilding.
2.   Alteration or any additions to existing buildings.
3.   Demolition or removal of any building.
4.   Construction of any below ground swimming pool.
5.   All houses must be designed by a practicing structural engineer to resist earthquake activity.

For more information regarding requirements for a Building License please contact the Shire on 9825 3555. 

Quicklinks - Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety

Building Approval Forms